FuncPars - a Java function parser
FuncPars is a library which can be used to evaluate mathematical formulas given as string. It can be used for
displaying graphs, evaluating configuration data or for other calculation tasks.
- A given mathematical formula is given a string.
- It is then parsed and converted into a RPN expression (reversed polnish notation).
- After this, it can be calculated as often as needed, with better speed as when
parsing the formula again for every calculation (RPN uses a simple stack for evaluation).
- Changing values can be held in up to 3 variables (called x,y,z), but this can be extended
- Currently, the only function (besides +,- etc.) supported is sin(x), but FuncPars
is easy to extend with new functions.
- It is even possible to add new operators (this is the same as adding new functions), so it is possible to even support
boolean function (e.g. if you want to write a preprocessor like cpp and need to evaluate #IF expressions)
Version 0.2: Download
Version 0.1: Download