KompMon - environmental monitoring
This project has been created as entry for the
'Elektronik', EnergyMicro and Linear Technologies energy harvesting contest.
The basic idea again was created when we bought our house. In its garden we found a (open) compost heap, which only kind of
worked. So I wanted to know what was wrong - there are some specific ranges
for temperature and humidity where it works best.
- measuring of (external) temperature and humidity (for the compost heap)
- measuring of local temperature, and ambient light intensity
- RTC for reference time
- logging of up to 8192 data sets (into an EEPROM)
- solar cell as power source, with a LiPo battery for the night
- data readout via USB port (as serial port)
- graphical display to show logged data